Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    It's more traditional that when someone's faced with an irrefutable argument, they start pointing out spelling mistakes so they don't have to deal with it. Also traditionally, they quickly follow that up with expressions of victory.

Missileman. Do you honestly have any idea how many members who think like you, here on this forum actually DO exactly as you described above?

Sounds like that expression of Victory you mentioned...should come from those who are just like you...now that you've OUTED them.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

It's more traditional that when someone's faced with an irrefutable argument, they start pointing out spelling mistakes so they don't have to deal with it. Also traditionally, they quickly follow that up with expressions of victory.
    You don't know Catholic tradition. You are an atheist. You were proven wrong from every angle and it's been proven that Catholics have set hours to pray and that its a tradition from a long, long, long time ago, in addition to Catholic law. Your whining won't change that. It's been pointed out to you by no less than 4 people, but you still act like you know Catholicism more than them, and I. So be it, you won't be the last to claim superiority about something you actually know very little about. I can handle an atheist being wrong. All cool in my book too!

I've also said time and time again on here, that honorable MEN admit when they are wrong. I've done it many times myself. I won't go so low as to say you are not a man, but you sure as hell are not honorable in your defeat, that's for sure. All you have left to cling to is the word tradition. And to claim it's not a Catholic tradition, even though I've shown that it's been around FOREVER and even the Catholic Church itself calls it tradition. Tell me and them they're wrong. I'll also swear that the sky is pink with green polka dots too.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
    the only thing irrefutable about your argument is that it's full of shit, just like you.

Face it, MM... you've been PWNED since about a third of the way into this thread
    Yeah...it's also traditional for the ignorant lackey to come along to offer expressions of victory. You can identify the ignorant lackey by his use of PWNED.
    I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. -- Susan B. Anthony

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yeah...it's also traditional for the ignorant lackey to come along to offer expressions of victory. You can identify the ignorant lackey by his use of PWNED.

So...missileman. How long have you enjoyed your LACKEY status?
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

have you always had this narcissistic need to be right when you've been proven wrong, or has it recently emerged?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

have you always had this narcissistic need to be right when you've been proven wrong, or has it recently emerged?
    Don't sweat it. The facts have been posted by at least 4 of us over and over. Let him be right if he wants. Sometimes it's best to sit back and let the factual posts you made do their own work. Only another uninformed atheist would actually read this thread and still think it's not long rooted tradition for many, not to mention canonical law, to pray at those set times daily.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    You don't know Catholic tradition. You are an atheist. You were proven wrong from every angle and it's been proven that Catholics have set hours to pray and that its a tradition from a long, long, long time ago, in addition to Catholic law. Your whining won't change that. It's been pointed out to you by no less than 4 people, but you still act like you know Catholicism more than them, and I. So be it, you won't be the last to claim superiority about something you actually know very little about. I can handle an atheist being wrong. All cool in my book too!

I've also said time and time again on here, that honorable MEN admit when they are wrong. I've done it many times myself. I won't go so low as to say you are not a man, but you sure as hell are not honorable in your defeat, that's for sure. All you have left to cling to is the word tradition. And to claim it's not a Catholic tradition, even though I've shown that it's been around FOREVER and even the Catholic Church itself calls it tradition. Tell me and them they're wrong. I'll also swear that the sky is pink with green polka dots too.
    The Liturgy of the Hours is the daily schedule for a Catholic CHURCH, not every Catholic. Yes, there may be some Catholics out there who try to get in a daily prayer at 9, 12 and 3, but that doesn't, repeat doesn't equal set times for Christians to pray.
    I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. -- Susan B. Anthony

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Liturgy of the Hours is the daily schedule for a Catholic CHURCH, not every Catholic. Yes, there may be some Catholics out there who try to get in a daily prayer at 9, 12 and 3, but that doesn't, repeat doesn't equal set times for Christians to pray.
    Further proof you're a complete moron.

The Catholic Church IS the people... the laity themselves.... not a building.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Marcus. This has become some really useless, comical stuff.

Do you happen to know why MM feels such a deep seated need to continue with such a worthless, absolute useless demand for being totally right, while everyone else MUST BE WRONG????

Sounds like an Ongoing script session on a Thursday...just before AIR TIME on Saturday Nite Live.

What does any of it matter to anyone now????
    I can't ask MM, since doing so would just make me laugh.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

It's already been posted for you - the Liturgy hours are supposed to be followed by the laity as well - that IS the Catholic people. Why is that so hard to understand. It was clearly posted, and I'll do so again. Notice where it includes the laity at the end, and that this is prescribed by the Catholic Church. The laity are followers of the Catholic Church. I don't know how much clearer this can get. It's canonical law that is supposed to apply to ALL in the Catholic Church.

The Liturgy of the Hours (Latin: Liturgia Horarum) or Divine Office (Latin: Officium Divinum) or canonical hours, often referred to as the Breviary, is the official set of daily prayers prescribed by the Catholic Church to be recited by clergy, religious institutes, and laity. <--------- LAITY, LAITY, LAITY

It IS there for every Catholic, not just those in the Vatican or Priests or the equivalent. These ARE set times for Catholics, it's extremely clear that there are, or why list them and state that it's to be recited by the laity? Just because the folk you know don't follow this - does NOT mean it's not right there for all to read as canonical law.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Marcus. This has become some really useless, comical stuff.

Do you happen to know why MM feels such a deep seated need to continue with such a worthless, absolute useless demand for being totally right, while everyone else MUST BE WRONG????

Sounds like an Ongoing script session on a Thursday...just before AIR TIME on Saturday Nite Live.

What does any of it matter to anyone now????
    I can't ask MM, since doing so would just make me laugh.
    um... because he had yet another therapist quit on him?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Even if separate, it states that the laity is prescribed these times anyhow. But you are correct, many say they are simply a part of the Catholic Church, or of the Roman Catholic Church.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Ugh...I see the Catholic bashing has carried over to this thread too. I am not even close to Catholic, but the bashing does get old.
    What's the purpose?
    Thought this thread was about Muslim's and prayer in schools...shrug
    I saw Jafaar make a snide remark about Christianity, but I saw no Catholic-bashing per se. Just a long and serious disagreement on traditional prayer times in the Catholic Church.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In your haste to be an asshat, you've read into what I wrote something that isn't there.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I saw Jafaar make a snide remark about Christianity, but I saw no Catholic-bashing, per se. Just a long disagreement on traditional prayer times.
    And Jafar is certainly entitled to, especially considering he takes more than his share in his direction - he'd just be wiser to make remarks that were on target or based in some sort of truth. He thought he was slick and was going to claim this is all nothing but Old Testament stuff, that we only go to when we want to - before he knew it was part of current law and prescriptions. This is why I try as hard as I can not to learn more about my faith from atheists and muslims.