Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default I'm Angry! So I'm Voting For Donald Trump.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

That's awesome.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Doesn't tell an entire story though, and seems more like someone trying to mock those supporting Trump, than someone listening to those who support him and understanding why.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Doesn't tell an entire story though, and seems more like someone trying to mock those supporting Trump, than someone listening to those who support him and understanding why.
    There's no doubt in my mind that's the case. I have tried to study this Trump in November thing carefully. The best argument I have heard so far presents it as using Trump as the lead pipe that busts up the left and the Democrats. With that opposition eliminated, real conservatives can come back and take back the GOP facing only a weakened Democrat party. However, there are enough angry Trumpsters to get 38% of the GOP, but that won't win a general election.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    There's no doubt in my mind that's the case. I have tried to study this Trump in November thing carefully. The best argument I have heard so far presents it as using Trump as the lead pipe that busts up the left and the Democrats. With that opposition eliminated, real conservatives can come back and take back the GOP facing only a weakened Democrat party. However, there are enough angry Trumpsters to get 38% of the GOP, but that won't win a general election.
    And if so, those on this board either haven't been reading, or have comprehension issues. I've made MANY posts on MANY issues, and they hardly sound like that guy. And I know MANY more just like that, including my father & stepmother, who are hardly idiots that some want to make all Trump supporters sound like.

"Trumpsters" - "T-rump" - do you think that matters to Trump's campaign, or is it supposed to somehow bother those who support him?

I have news for you - Cruz has been DOA for quite some time, as have 15 other candidates. Sorry to burst your bubble there.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

And if so, those on this board either haven't been reading, or have comprehension issues. I've made MANY posts on MANY issues, and they hardly sound like that guy. And I know MANY more just like that, including my father & stepmother, who are hardly idiots that some want to make all Trump supporters sound like.

"Trumpsters" - "T-rump" - do you think that matters to Trump's campaign, or is it supposed to somehow bother those who support him?

I have news for you - Cruz has been DOA for quite some time, as have 15 other candidates. Sorry to burst your bubble there.
    TFs is correct on two things: One, Trump DOES represent people angry with DC politics. And two, as of yesterday, Trump would lose badly to Billary right now. And he's done a bang up job stepping on his own crank the last week or so because he doesn't think before he opens his mouth. And setting himself by allowing Chris Matthew -- the disgusting POS -- to interview him was a disaster.

HOWEVER, the only person I see DISPLAYING anger around here is TF. He's all over the damned place with his rhetoric. Gotten REAL old.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

You should see how many Trump supporters are mocking Cruz supporters....viciously (like at Free Republic). If you could see what I'm seeing, maybe you would understand the anger against the Trump camp currently.

Bottom line is....if we continue to allow ourselves to be divided over this Trump vs. Cruz issue...

we WILL lose and we WILL fall.

Trump and Cruz need to come to together to save the nation. But it doesn't look to me like that's even possible now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DLT View Post
    You should see how many Trump supporters are mocking Cruz supporters....viciously (like at Free Republic). If you could see what I'm seeing, maybe you would understand the anger against the Trump camp currently.

Bottom line is....if we continue to allow ourselves to be divided over this Trump vs. Cruz issue...

Trump and Cruz need to come to together to save the nation. But it doesn't look to me like that's even possible now.
    I think that bridge has burned, don't you? Trump couldn't quit attacking the other GOP candidates until Cruz finally had enough.

I want to win. I'm a freakin' Marine. I don't go into a fight to lose it. And you can call me Cam Newton -- I HATE to lose. So far, the GOP has botched this up as nicely as 08 and 12. This is a 3-peat. Neither Trump nor Cruz can win -- that is at this point in time according to the polls.

Now if the FBI and Justice Dept do their jobs like they're supposed to *cough cough*, there wouldn't be a Hillary and THAT would change the dynamics greatly.

The problem though, as I pointed out in 08 and 12, and started pointed out this time around is the GOP has no leadership and they've allowed far too many people to run amuck destroying each other instead of going after the enemy. I could find a Lance Corporal that could come up with a better strategy and tactics.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I think that bridge has burned, don't you? Trump couldn't quit attacking the other GOP candidates until Cruz finally had enough.

I want to win. I'm a freakin' Marine. I don't go into a fight to lose it. And you can call me Cam Newton -- I HATE to lose. So far, the GOP has botched this up as nicely as 08 and 12. This is a 3-peat. Neither Trump nor Cruz can win -- that is at this point in time according to the polls.

Now if the FBI and Justice Dept do their jobs like they're supposed to *cough cough*, there wouldn't be a Hillary and THAT would change the dynamics greatly.

The problem though, as I pointed out in 08 and 12, and started pointed out this time around is the GOP has no leadership and they've allowed far too many people to run amuck destroying each other instead of going after the enemy. I could find a Lance Corporal that could come up with a better strategy and tactics.
    I'm afraid you are spot-on right there. I hate to lose too, and with the entire future and freedom of our nation at stake, it's no wonder that things have gotten so nasty....even moreso than in previous primary and election years.

The ahole globalists pulling those strings behind the scenes (to divide and conquer/defeat us from within) really need to be 'dealt with', or we are quite literally toast as a free nation. I'm just wondering if there is an elite group out there that might be considering it. Hope springs.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I haven't been over there. But why be angry at the "Trump camp" and take it out on others that aren't doing so to you? I know I don't want to have anger directed my way because Trump supporters elsewhere are being idiots. ALL candidates are going to have idiotic supporters. I simply treat those directly in front of me, how that person treats me. No one has ever been respectful to me and had their hand bitten, not once in 13 years.

I agree with the unity, and it doesn't matter who gets the nod, without unity it goes to Hillary.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I haven't been over there. But why be angry at the "Trump camp" and take it out on others that aren't doing so to you? I know I don't want to have anger directed my way because Trump supporters elsewhere are being idiots. ALL candidates are going to have idiotic supporters. I simply treat those directly in front of me, how that person treats me. No one has ever been respectful to me and had their hand bitten, not once in 13 years.

I agree with the unity, and it doesn't matter who gets the nod, without unity it goes to Hillary.
    Yeah, I probably have reacted in anger a few times due to attacks received elsewhere. And for that I apologize. I agree with your assessment, also.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

It's not just Cruz, and not just by Trump supporters. I'm not sure you were around, but there was some pretty frequent mocking of Rubio here while he was still viable. I find mockery to be just about the lowest form of behavior, and it totally turned me off.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    It's not just Cruz, and not just by Trump supporters. I'm not sure you were around, but there was some pretty frequent mocking of Rubio here while he was still viable. I find mockery to be just about the lowest form of behavior, and it totally turned me off.
    That's a little different though, I don't mind a candidate themselves being mocked, even if Trump. I did a little myself towards Rubio, Cruz and Christie at one point I think. I'd hate to think we shouldn't hit them sometimes, then when we do so to the Dem candidates we would be labeled hypocrites. Because I know for sure that I plan on unloading on Hillary as she and the (R) nominee get into it after the conventions!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crin63 View Post
    I realize that the video is a tongue-in-cheek critique of Trump and his "stances"....but when you take a step back and analyze all of the things mentioned in the video, it presents a rather surreal picture of how bizarre this primary year has been and how, in true "truth is stranger than fiction" fashion, this candidate Donald Trump is probably THE worst presidential candidate in the history of this great nation. And that criteria faces a LOT of competition for that title.

I'm still finding it hard to believe that he could still even be in the race, much less winning (supposedly).
    Last edited by DLT; 04-01-2016 at 02:03 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

I realize that the video is a tongue-in-cheek critique of Trump and his "stances"....but when you take a step back and analyze all of the things mentioned in the video, it presents a rather surreal picture of how bizarre this primary year has been and how, in true "truth is stranger than fiction" fashion, this candidate Donald Trump is probably THE worst presidential candidate in the history of this great nation. And that criteria faces a LOT of competition for that title.

I'm still finding it hard to believe that he could still even be in the race, much less winning (supposedly).
    He's by FAR not the worst.

James Buchanan could have done something to stave off Civil War, and he did nothing.

Lincoln used the Constitution to wipe his butt almost in the same way Obama has. At least Lincoln was an idealist.

Grant had one of the most corrupt governments in our history.

Wilson was our first commie President looking to create some NWO.

FDR created all these handout programs that are killing our economy now.

Truman took the wars away from the people that fight them and are trained to fight them and turned them into political quagmires.

Jimmy Carter didn't know his a$$ from a hole in the ground.

Clinton just about killed us militarily, not to mention letting bin Laden go and buddying up with Saudi's.

Then there was McLame. That's when the MSM got to start choosing GOP candidates.

Trump is "just another". The media has used him, same as they're using Cruz and Kasich by propping them up long enough to ensure the GOP has a loser. And in all this, the GOP is itself to blame.