Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jillian View Post
    But I think that stuff is all just goofy... but it isn't going to cause the fall of the country. It's just gonna make for a lot of people who are very disappointed in real life when they go out into the world.

Can't really draw that analogy.
    sure can...if a majortiy of people are like this then they will loose to the real world.....because i can tell you the middle east is not teaching their kids to be fair and accepting and tollerant of others....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

But I think that stuff is all just goofy... but it isn't going to cause the fall of the country. It's just gonna make for a lot of people who are very disappointed in real life when they go out into the world.

Can't really draw that analogy.
    It's an easy analogy to draw. It's called circling the drain.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    It's an easy analogy to draw. It's called circling the drain.
    looks like we win!

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, G-d has all kinds of reasons for creating different things. He created tall people, short people, people of every color, every hair color. There are people born with beautiful skin and people born with skin so bad it gets acne scarred. There are people born with horrible deformities and people born looking like Christie Brinkley. G-d isn't only about perfection because, presumably, everything is perfect in its own way, regardless. Homosexuality is just another variation, IMO, because G-d doesn't do anything imperfectly, yet not everything created is "perfect" as it would normally be defined.
    However, being tall, short, black, white, blonde, beautiful, acne-ridden, deformed, or 'supermodel-hot' aren't sinful traits. Homosexual behavior, however, is sinful, according to the Bible.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Slayer View Post
    See now you have crossed a line with me. I have tried to keep civil. I have not been personally attacking you or anyone else for their beliefs. I have disagreed and questioned but I did not get personal. When you throw around the terms like "YOU PEOPLE" and "liberal spin and buzz words" you are going to piss me off.
    Well lets take a look.

Here you start playing games...

Quote Originally Posted by TheSlayer
    I do not believe that the bible is a direct link so please provide me with evidence other than the good book
    I do not believe that the bible is the word of God.
    but I do not think that homosexuality is forbidden,
    Of course you wouldn't, you don't believe in God or the word of God. Or do you?

How do you know that I am not a Christian?
    Well... because you said this...

Don't you think it is out of fear that people believe in something like the word of god on paper? Those who do not fear the unknown do not have to follow by a written law, they chose to find their own sense of moral's and guidlines to live by.
    Spoken like a true godless secular athiest, NOT a Christian. And you go on to reiforce that...

I have often found myself enjoying those "godless" types more so than the "god fearing" kind.
    So I quote the Bible to you to show you what God say's about homosexuality, and you throw this sarcastic response out...

I suppose pale rider wants a round of applause for quoting the Bible..
    Followed by...

I feel sorry for you that you cannot see the beauty in one living their life differently than yours. It is not them you are hurting by being so closed minded, it is yourself as you will never really know or understand the meaning of free will. When you choose to spew vile hatred and sling barbs at those who do not see eye to eye with you, you are cutting yourself short of any kind of reality and any chance at some kind of inner peace. You keep fighting the good fight within yourself, I would imagine it must be a lonely place to live.
    In that you call me "close minded". You acuse me of "spewing vile hatred and slinging barbs". Where did I do that? Free will? You call living in sin and ignoring the word of God "free will"? And that's going to bring me "inner peace"? You sound like the voice of the DEVIL!

Quote Originally Posted by The Slayer
    There is no other person like me. I am my own individual with my own opinions and beliefs. Me not being a republican has nothing to do with the way I think or feel about this subject. I also never said "fucking anything" was beautiful. I said two people being truely in love was a beautiful thing so check your facts before twisting my words. I do not appriciate you being so boldly hateful of the way I think. You have all right to disagree with me, but please refrain from calling me names or generalizing me.
    And here you're "generalizing me"...

Those who bring it up as the decay of modern society are counting on the Christian fundies to step up to the plate and call for the condemnation of a whole culture of individuals.
    You go on to insult me again...

Thats just petty, and childish. I am sorry you are not mature enough to have a discussion beyond a third grade level, maybe you should thank your school system for that.
    So I'm "childish and petty" for disagreeing with you.

And as far as pumping things down your throat as you so boldly put it, thats just a load of crap.
    You've pumped plenty here junior. Don't play games with me.

Thank God, and I sure as hell dont need your bullshit lie's to muck up what I am trying to say.
    What the hell are you thanking God for. You've made it painfully obvious you don't believe in God.

So stick to quoting the bible as that seems to be the only source of refrence you dont screw up.
    First you critisize and ridicule me for quoting the Bible, now you tell me to keep it up.

See this is where you people lose all credibility. You're all over the place, and you know why? Because you have NO STEADFAST THING TO GUIDE YOU. You make up your mind about something at will. To suit the moment. To make yourself FEEL GOOD. It's SICKENING! Homosexuality is SICKENING. YOU are SICKENING.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    See this is where you people lose all credibility. You're all over the place, and you know why? Because you have NO STEADFAST THING TO GUIDE YOU. You make up your mind about something at will. To suit the moment. To make yourself FEEL GOOD. It's SICKENING! Homosexuality is SICKENING. YOU are SICKENING.
    I think the point she was making was that you can't use a source to prove itself. No personal attacks on her part.

I've known some of the biggest hypocrites who claim to be religious, same as I've known athiests who are truly stand up people.... and vice versa.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think the point she was making was that you can't use a source to prove itself. No personal attacks on her part.

I've known some of the biggest hypocrites who claim to be religious, same as I've known athiests who are truly stand up people.... and vice versa.
    No she wasn't Jill. She called me closed minded for believing in my Christian Bible. She was preaching her own sermon of godlessness and acceptance of perversion, and I wasn't having any of it.

If "YOU" don't believe what the Bible says, that's fine. I DO! Just don't get all up in my face about it and call me a bigot, or tell me I'm closed minded, or anything else that puts ME beneath YOU just because I'm a Christian.

THAT is where YOU piss Me off.
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 02-13-2007 at 02:09 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    No she wasn't Jill. She called me closed minded for believing in my Christian Bible. She was preaching her own sermon of godlessness and acceptance of perversion, and I wasn't having any of it.

If "YOU" don't believe what the Bible says, that's fine. I DO! Just don't get all up in my face about it and call me a bigot, or tell me I'm closed minded, or anything else that puts ME beneath YOU just because I'm a Christian.

THAT is where YOU piss Me off.
    First, I respect people who have belief. I have my own. Do I believe the bible is the word of G-d? Well, I was taught that it's allegorical. But even if I believed it was the absolute WORD, I would still quetion the bible that we read today and its accuracy, because I can think of at least three things in English translations off the top of my head that aren't accurate given the words in the original Hebrew/Aramaic.

I certainly don't think anyone is beneath me for having belief. Like I said, I have my own. My objection is when people don't seem to understand that we ALL have our individual beliefs... and some of us don't believe there's anything OUT THERE. Thing is, it's all about "faith", nothing proven, nothing sure. And none of us are gonna know til we're gone and then we're not going to be able to tell anyone else.

That shoudn't piss you off at all.
    Last edited by jillian; 02-13-2007 at 02:23 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumplestillskin View Post
    Which brings me to the question I have asked before and nobody has answered - homos actually like women but chose to bonk men - because?
    Because they might be mentally shortwired which leads to this.....if they are somehow able to make this choice given their natural urges to mate with the opposite sex then maybe some intensive psychotherapy or drugs could be of use.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

An empire is defined by it's control over geographic areas not its own. What countries do China, the European Nattions, the middle eastern nations occupy?

The U.S. is closest... which is why if the course of action it is following isn't changed, it's doomed to failure like every other empire.

Again, though, Greece and Rome didn't fall because homosexuality was an accepted part of the culture.
    Homosexuality was not an accepted part of the culture in Greece at least not homosexuality as defined by today's standards. It was any hole in a storm and it was before Christ and nobody knew any better. Nowadays there is no excuse, we all know better.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

...First, I respect people who have belief. I have my own. Do I believe the bible is the word of G-d? Well, I was taught that it's allegorical.
    J, if you don't mind, I am curious about something. Do you think the Jews of the OT protected, carried with them, and treated as holiest of holiies the Ark of the Covenant, all the while thinking it was allegorical? Or do you just think the whole wandering in the desert story itself was allegorical?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    J, if you don't mind, I am curious about something. Do you think the Jews of the OT protected, carried with them, and treated as holiest of holiies the Ark of the Covenant, all the while thinking it was allegorical? Or do you just think the whole wandering in the desert story itself was allegorical?
    Hello Abbey , I know you asked Jillian but I would just like to say that allegorically the Jews wandered the desert until te state of Israel was granted them in the 40's, as for the ark, it is legend.My take on it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Of course I don't mind, it's a fair question. Listen, I'm not orthodox. But I know what my rabbis taught us. However, the Torah is always considered sacred. It can't be dropped, is paraded through the Temple and every week there is a reading of another section. It doesn't matter that G-d used allegory to teach His lessons. They aren't any less valuable and shouldn't be any less revered.

Plus, I think we all know that Moses being given the Torah would precede the end of the five books, therefore it would have had to be written whole when handed to him and would have had to contain the future. I don't believe that happened.

Do I think the wandering through the dessert happened? Yes. Because there is archeological evidence to support that. There was even an Israel soldier who tried to map the locations referenced in the bible and he got to a particular spot and there were "flakes" falling in a particular spot which were high in glucose and protein.... manna from heaven... in the spot described in the bible.

And again, the bible has been translated so many times that we don't know where there are inaccuracies. As I said earlier, I can think of at least three places (and I'm certainly no biblical scholar) where I've learned that words are mistranslated and those mistranslations change the meaning.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Posted by Pale Rider:

Next on the list to achieve politically correct categorization is pedophilia. Understand that pedophilia is exactly where homosexuality was thirty-five years ago: in the classrooms of liberal college professors. If America doesn’t make a sudden and dramatic turn toward traditional [how about Biblical? - JZ] morality, pedophilia will enjoy the same kind of social and political acceptance that homosexuality now enjoys, and it won’t take thirty-five years to happen, either.
    Seems our society is WELL on the way, there are a "few" here that plainly don't see that.

Watch the new's and all the"Amber alerts"that are being announced these days.

I worry about the world my grandchildren are growing up in, and I worry all the more when I see some of the posts on this thread.

You CAN'T argue in favor of perversions that attack the very core of a society.

If you truly believe in such perversions, might I suggest you relocate to France, or Greece.

I see the damage being done, most of our society sees as I do. Personally, I fine it sad that some don't, but that certainly doesn't make it ok, nor do I understand how they can rush to the defense of those that practice such behavior.

Sleep tight, might want to check, and make sure your children are still in bed.
    If ya can't prove it, don't say it.
    Bikes, babes, and beer, it don't get no better than that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    No, you're quite wrong Sherlock.

When there is no concern for anything but the here and now and no belief in consequences after death for actions taken during life then it is much easier to cut corners so to speak.

A moral atheist, now that is humour!
    I believe that is totally opposite of what is true.

I think the here and now is important and
    everything counts. Because I don't get
    a second chance and I am accountable for
    my actions right here and now.

I don't need any god to tell me to be fair
    to people: not commit adultry, not steal,
    not murder, not lie. Why would I need
    a book to tell me what is right?

Why do I need to pay someone else
    10% to tell me how to live on the straight
    and narrow?

It seems to me that an over-reliance