Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
Gunny if your dont read anything just get this.
And I'd Sugest you read up on how good constitutional police and FBI conduct business and add that to your training if you want to drop the BUT off your "strict" constitutionalism.

Constitution and U.S. law and treaty lays out what the US gov't... which includes the military last i checked... can and cannot do. the Civilain gov't it regulates the terms and places of "battle" and who gives the commands.

Gunny look, you and some of military guys act like you'd really prefer a military dictatorship.
But many of the rest of us prefer "civilian leadership"... under the constitution... no matter how flawed.
(BTW when the military can fix its sad rape and suicide problems tell me how perfect the military is)

you can call me names and pretend you know better, but i don't buy it Gunny.
I respect what the U.S. gov't under the constitution has trained you to do, "fight wars" but that's not police work and it's not intelligence work. But that's what's really needed on the PROTECTIVE side of terrorist work on the ground on U.S soil.
"BATTLE" mode is the LAST step, not the 1st one.

From what you've written it seems to me that your training and experience has given you 1 powerful tool. Full on attack mode. On and Off. But somehow you think any whiff of a threat deserve that ONE tool response. Sorry I don't buy it. There's no doubt in my mind that it's WRONG. We are not in a WAR ZONE at every airport and shop and town in the U.S.. There are many other tools to be used BEFORE you get to that one and in the U.S. the Constitution grants everyone here rights that DO NOT allow for WARZONE tactics to be typical order of the day.

I'm sure you disagree and you and Elesar can continue your chest beating, backslapping and dodging simply questions but sorry every problem is NOT a nail that your WAR training and tactics, experience and beliefs apply to.
And in general they do NOT apply on U.S. soil under the constitution and bill of rights... strictly or loosely.

I don't want to hear about I'm a constitutionalist BUT ...
I don't want a Prison Camp Guards, or Military Police Checkpoints and Military rules and Points of Battle order to "keep me safe". Not even if they work 100% of the time, which you know they will not, do not, and never have done.

Freedom and constitutional law and the bill of rights means a certain of amount of danger. I prefer to live within those rules. but YES i want everything done up to those rules for the public safety. And if the ball is dropped, Yes I will complain. Beyond that, well, like the 2nd amendment , sadly some people will misuse weapons and get away with murder. It doesn't mean I want a Military police state or gun confiscation, or mass deportations, or "Arabs" treated like Crap.
You apparently don't read up. So don't go telling me to do so. I know and understand the law.

Having said that, how can you expect me to think like you? I mean no offense when I call y'all civilians. I usually do it to make a point. What YOU don't get is it is about tolerance and understanding of others. How is it that I, the Marine Corps Gunnery Sergeant am more tolerant and understanding than you?

When you watch people die, you kind of figure out what is and isn't important. You fuss over silly sh*t to me. We actually think alike on quite a few subjects. At the same time, don't go for a job in journalism. You're abysmal in writing and don't join the military. You can't stay on track for sh*t.

SO how about we keep this thread about the topic and you can get in my a$$ in the lounge or the cage; whichever you prefer.

My comments were merely to point out we don't think alike. Not derail from the original topic. There's a difference in the way we view things.