0 Post(s)

Good morning JD,

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
    immie? did u see this?

jd

No, sorry, I missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
    Good Morning Immie,
    Can you tell us what went on there that we might not have gotten in National News? I mean, did your State Congress have anything at all to do with this decision? Did they have to okay it, or was it all up to the DNC and the florida Democratic Party...?

jd
    As far as I can tell it was a legislative decision. There was no vote on the issue among the people that I can recall. Someone in the state government decided that "we" were tired of not having our primaries mean anything and that we were going to move our primaries up to the end of January. I'm sure there was debate in the legislature about it as it is not the decision of the parties themselves as far as I can tell, about when the primaries are to be held, but the state reps ARE the parties so they made the decision FOR US!

As far as I am concerned, they thumbed "our" noses at the rest of the country with their arrogance. Go figure... politicians being arrogant.

As for being up to the DNC, don't forget that this decision was also made by the Republicans in Florida and the RNC has slapped our wrist as well.

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    again...the agreement was between Florida Democrats and the DNC. What candidates did or did not do is irrelevant to the question of what to do with Florida/Michigan delegates.
    I have not tried to follow your entire conversation about this, but I am not sure what you mean here. We were told that the DNC would strip the delegates from Florida (and Michigan). If I am not mistaken, the issue around here was not that candidates could not campaign here, but that they would not for the primaries because Florida would have no say in the conventions. In other words, why bother with Florida until the General Campaign.

The candidates may have had a "gentleman's agreement" not too campaign here, but I don't believe there was a binding agreement and to be honest with you... it was quite nice not getting 48 calls a day from Hillary's camp, 47 a day from Obama's, 50 from McCain's, 40 from Huckabees etc. etc. etc. Come to think of it... maybe some good did come out of this after all!!!

Immie
    Last edited by Immanuel; 02-28-2008 at 08:30 AM.
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9