Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrskurtsprincess View Post
    Here are some quotes from some founding fathers ... all involved in the creation of the Constitution....and it sounds to me like they believed that without religion, the Bible, Christianity, etc., the Republic would fail. Do you think they might have created the Republic, in part, based on religion and faith?
    The bible was a tool of control, as are all religions and their books. But that is nothing to do with if the nation was foundered as a Christian nation or not.

So it boils down to semantics .... founded as a Christian nation or a nation founded on Christian principles. You choose to believe what you want and I will choose to believe what I want....based upon the writings of the founding fathers and not what was written in a treaty with an enemy.

</O:P></O:P></O:P>
    Lol, well given their is no mention of Chirstianity in the founding documents of the nation I struggle to see what you're relaying on exactly, and you're still discrediting Adams' words, knowing more about the foundation than a founder is a mist odd stance to take.

Annnnd it is in no way a matter of semantics, there is a massive difference. By way of an example, I was in a convo with a Christian friend not too long ago, and I mentioned how I had forgiven a friend after they did some quiet dirty deeds that they knew would put me in a difficult position, and he responded 'it's good that you forgave him, that was the Christian thing to do' now I bite my tounge (find it hard to believe as I'm sure some of you will but irl I do tend to keep my thoughts to myself unless specifically asked) did I really do a Christian thing, or was it a human thing? I know which I think it was.

In the same way, just because a society is founded on beliefs like 'murder is bad' does not relate it to any religion or it's principles.
    Last edited by Noir; 09-14-2010 at 08:20 AM.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.