Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    Aaah yes, just like the second coming was to be within 100 A.D.

Matthew 23:36 (King James Version)

36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

Matthew 24:30-34 (King James Version)

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
    Pagan

I think you misunderstood what I was driving at. I wasn't preaching the 2nd coming. I was saying that it is possible that with a single world government, and with a single currency, that people would be chipped. That would be very like what Revelation described.

I hope that I'm wrong but, it seems, as time goes on there is more talk in favor of a world government and now, with the uncertain economic times we are in, a single currency.

Compounding that is the trend towards using electronic currency instead of physical currency.

The technology that allows chipping people already exists.

It's not much of a stretch to put this all together and see what kind of world this would be with a single government that can keep track of its citizens by the use of implantable technology. A technology that would be necessary for common people to buy the things that they need, I should add.
    Last edited by KarlMarx; 10-15-2010 at 05:53 AM.
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    No, in the matter of the mark of the Beast, Revelation is quite specific...

It is plausible that...
    Slight contradiction in terms lol.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    Pagan

I think you misunderstood what I was driving at. I wasn't preaching the 2nd coming. I was saying that it is possible that with a single world government, and with a single currency, that people would be chipped. That would be very like what Revelation described.

I hope that I'm wrong but, it seems, as time goes on there is more talk in favor of a world government and now, with the uncertain economic times we are in, a single currency.

Compounding that is the trend towards using electronic currency instead of physical currency.

The technology that allows chipping people already exists.

It's not much of a stretch to put this all together and see what kind of world this would be with a single government that can keep track of its citizens by the use of implantable technology. A technology that would be necessary for common people to buy the things that they need, I should add.
    And you're missing what I'm saying, soothsayers, shamans, ________ (just fill in blank) of anyone who claims to be able to predict the future they all speak in generalities, throw in things as with trends in society, etc.

You know just like Nostradamus and those who claim his powers to predict the future. Same shit, just different spin, hell go read tea leaves and runes and you'll get the same shit.
    The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
    -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)

Um , you dont get the same --it really.
    But I don't you'd take the time to see the difference.

but

I've found a quote that stuck me and applies to this guy and I think many others who blighthly think that world gov't is a good thing.

"Remarkably virtually everyone in developed countries desperately tries to believe that they are immune to indoctrination. They think for themselves and readily know the difference between truth and falsity, fantasy and reality, superstition and science, fact and fiction. Technologically sophisticated cultures are conditioned to accept belief systems, behaviors, and values that would have been rejected out of hand by their stone-age predecessors. Primitives would instantly sense the obvious threats to survival and adjustment, or simple nonsense, inherent in many of the treasured beliefs of modern society." -- Wilson Bryan Key, The Age of Manipulation
    Applies to the lefts benign and accepting attitude toward euthanasia and abortion too.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Though I concur his scientific understanding doesn't really translate to the social, I still think he is somewhat right in his predictions. Inwhich case we can only hope fir the best outcome.
    Noir, have you ever watched the animated flick "Chicken Run"? I think you might enjoy it. There are some chickens who don't want to wait around and be made into chicken pot pies and they are pretty innovative about getting free....they certainly didn't sit around and say "well, it's inevitable" or ... "well, let's hope for the best outcome".

Evil can only exist when good men do nothing.....Edmund Burke

who, BTW, also said this (which is appropriate to our other thread on fear)

• Early and provident fear is the mother of safety.
      • Speech on the Petition of the Unitarians (1792-05-11)
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

6. Likes revelarts liked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

MKP, not only do I think what is happening will happen, but it is somewhat desirable aslong as net neutrality is not comprised etc.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)

http://www.governmentvideo.com/article/99530
    The Death of Net Neutrality
    October 13, 2010
    ...“Secret” negotiations between the telcos, Internet portal and application providers have been onagain, off-again for a few years, sometimes with FCC participation and sometimes without.

But the tipping point that seems to have gotten the Internet behemoths to join the telcos in calling for the end of net neutrality was the shift toward corporate friendliness of the Supreme Court as indicated by recent decisions on eminent domain, campaign finance and, in particular, the Comcast data throttling case.

Corporations now have their Constitutional rights as individuals guaranteed, while they are legally prohibited from shouldering the responsibilities and exhibiting the lawful/moral conduct required of individual citizens.

With all three branches of government seemingly under the corporation’s spell, the push to socialize debt and responsibility while privatizing corporate profit and privilege is accelerating. This means that net neutrality will soon be dead despite the public comments from FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski and the Obama administration to the contrary.

Even though Google and Verizon’s announced agreement will supposedly set aside net neutrality only for mobile operations, the goal is clearly to kill it altogether.

Mobile Internet apps and content use the Internet backbone to get data to the “final mile” segments — cell towers and Wi-Fi antennas used by smart phones and laptops. The right to “prioritize” data created by mobile app and content providers (for a prioritizing fee, of course) has to, by its very nature, involve throttling down non-prioritized data flows on the backbone....
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

MKP, not only do I think what is happening will happen, but it is somewhat desirable aslong as net neutrality is not comprised etc.
    Are you serious, Noir? Do you really want a one world government? Are you really into the herd mentality that deep?
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrskurtsprincess View Post
    Are you serious, Noir? Do you really want a one world government? Are you really into the herd mentality that deep?
    One world government? No, but that will be a likely bi-product of becoming a level one planet.

Do I want level one communications? Yes.
    Level one weather control? Yes.
    Level one Language? Yes.
    Level one currency? Yes.
    Level one culture? Yes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

One world government? No, but that will be a likely bi-product of becoming a level one planet.

Level one Language? Yes.
    Level one currency? Yes.
    Level one culture? Yes.
    All those things come with a one world government, which you will have no say in. Welcome to 1984. Are you willing to fight and die for that government? Will you be a one world patriot? Swearing your allegiance to to whatever they are calling it by then? And don't forget conscription. A government needs an army. You'll eat meat and like it.

Noir you have so much to look forward too.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

12. Likes revelarts liked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    All those things come with a one world government, which you will have no say in. Welcome to 1984. Are you willing to fight and die for that government? Will you be a one world patriot? Swearing your allegiance to to whatever they are calling it by then? And don't forget conscription. A government needs an army. You'll eat meat and like it.

Noir you have so much to look forward too.
    Ofcourse I wouldnt fight for a one world government, just like I wouldn't fight for a national government today.

As I said, one world gov. Is a likey outcome, our current national Goverments will be our 'regional' government. You need only follow how the EU is growing to see that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Level one Language? Yes.
    Level one currency? Yes.
    Level one culture? Yes.
    I will take first-rate freedom over your level-one ideology of global enslavement any day.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F Buckley, Jr

15. Likes revelarts liked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BoogyMan View Post
    I will take first-rate freedom over your level-one ideology of global enslavement any day.
    But you don't really, if you did you wouldn't be living in America, there is a level that you will accept your freedoms to be compromised.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WudBfRa0ETw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WudBfRa0ETw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)

many Scientist like to reference star trek as one ideal version of our future. I'm a star trek fan, but when i look at what's going on today i don't see a star trek federation of planets style pristine planet and the often obtuse but well meaning one world gov't earth federation council scenario.

what comes to my mind is this...
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WZEJ4OJTgg8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WZEJ4OJTgg8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

"your culture will adapt to service us... resistance is futile."

Even now there's no vote or even discussion on whether or not we want or need "the cloud". it's
    "the cloud is the new system.. resistance is futile. Your data will not be as secure it will be available to the collective. resistances is futile."
    but what about privacy?
    "Privacy is irrelevant."
    But what about freedom or alternatives?
    "Freedom is irrelevant, Alternatives will not be allowed, you will be assimilated"

And that's not even a reality yet.
    Last edited by revelarts; 10-23-2010 at 12:59 AM.