Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    I have a non-negotiable commitment to my Irish heritage. I will not stop being the grandson of an Irishwoman, nor stop celebrating that fact.

I did not ever blame ALL the so-called ills of the black man in america on slavery and whites. That would indeed be foolish. Pretending that slavery and centuries of sub-human status as property is not the root cause for those ills is equally foolish.
    irish.....that explains quite a bit.....

which currently living blacks are property.....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    which currently living blacks are property.....

who said any were?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

again.... in both instances above, you are entitled to your opinions, as I am mine. Just don't go trying to pass them off as facts.
    if your opinion about the root cause has merit, why then are blacks in africa who have never been slaves, also experiencing similar issues?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    if your opinion about the root cause has merit, why then are blacks in africa who have never been slaves, also experiencing similar issues?
    Because they're inherently violent by nature, and mfm has said nothing worth a hill of beans to disprove that. We've heard nothing but excuses and conjecture.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i put forth my assertion only for the proposition that .... bad stuff happens to people all over the world....those that succeed get over it and take personal responsible for their own actions.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

who said any were?
    you said....."Pretending that slavery and centuries of sub-human status as property is not the root cause for those ills is equally foolish."

please explain what you mean by the above statement.....i guess i don't get it....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My grandmother came over from Ireland as a little girl. Ireland is, in a sense, my homeland. That does not mean that I want to abandon my life in America and move to the Emerald Isle. It does mean that I celebrate and honor my Irish heritage. It does mean that I am a bit more concerned with what goes on in Ireland than I am with what goes on in, say, Albania, even though neither of them is the country in which I was born.
    How nice that your Irish ancestors came over of their free will. My own mother's father's (Irish and Scots-Irish) side of the family traces their voyage to the Americas via Liverpool and Jamestown - AS SLAVES! If you claim Ireland as your homeland, get the fuck on a ship and leave the USA. Permanently.

Embrace your ethnic heritage if you want, but don't call it "homeland" unless you have indeed made it your home.

Blacks have had an historically raw deal in America from day one. That history has led to blacks being marginalized and relegated to lower slices of our socioeconomic strata than white people. That denigration and marginalization has bred anger and that anger manifests itself in violence - not only black on white violence, but black on black violence. The root cause for that is the fact that the marginalization is an aftermath of slavery and slavery happened when the blacks were taken hostage IN AFRICA, and sold in America as property.
    Being of Irish decent, you damned well ought to know a bit more about the history of slavery in the USA and the Irish. Perhaps your ancestors were some of the traitorous bastards who, like the black slavers in Africa, sold their brethren into slavery for blood money.

In my opinion, you claim your Irish heritage only because it is en vogue for you.

And does "accepting America" require blacks, or anyone else, to accept it "as is" or can blacks, or anyone else, be politically active to create change?
    It takes the individuals standing up for themselves and succeeding despite the efforts of others to hold them down. Accept what you cannot change, and affect the changes you can.
    “Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face” - Thomas Sowell

“What "multiculturalism" boils down to is that you can praise any culture in the world except Western culture - and you cannot blame any culture in the world except Western culture” - Thomas Sowell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CockySOB View Post
    How nice that your Irish ancestors came over of their free will. My own mother's father's (Irish and Scots-Irish) side of the family traces their voyage to the Americas via Liverpool and Jamestown - AS SLAVES! If you claim Ireland as your homeland, get the fuck on a ship and leave the USA. Permanently.

Embrace your ethnic heritage if you want, but don't call it "homeland" unless you have indeed made it your home.

Being of Irish decent, you damned well ought to know a bit more about the history of slavery in the USA and the Irish. Perhaps your ancestors were some of the traitorous bastards who, like the black slavers in Africa, sold their brethren into slavery for blood money.

In my opinion, you claim your Irish heritage only because it is en vogue for you.

It takes the individuals standing up for themselves and succeeding despite the efforts of others to hold them down. Accept what you cannot change, and affect the changes you can.
    thats exactly what i'm talking about

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you said....."Pretending that slavery and centuries of sub-human status as property is not the root cause for those ills is equally foolish."

please explain what you mean by the above statement.....i guess i don't get it....
    are you aware that blacks were owned as property in the American colonies since the end of the sixteenth century? do the math.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

are you aware that blacks were owned as property in the American colonies since the end of the sixteenth century? do the math.
    yawn----another instance of intentional ignorance---he's not talking about the time frame as you know full well.

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

are you aware that all those people are dead and there have been several generations of free blacks.....yet somehow this is the root cause for their misfortune generations later......when do they have to stand up and fend for themselves and stop making excuses.....

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And are you aware that just as many Irish were enslaved by the English prior to that? Are you aware that the English considered African black slaves to be of higher worth than the Irish? And when food ran short on the overseas voyages, the Irish got tossed overboard before the black slaves? Seems that the English had to pay the black slavers for the African black slaves, but the Irish, well, just round 'em up and ship 'em out!

So tell me, how much are you going to pay the Irish whose ancestors can trace direct lineage back to the slave ships? I mean, your ancestors most likely made their way on blood money, so I figure you owe the rest of us Irish a good deal.
    “Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face” - Thomas Sowell

“What "multiculturalism" boils down to is that you can praise any culture in the world except Western culture - and you cannot blame any culture in the world except Western culture” - Thomas Sowell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How nice that your Irish ancestors came over of their free will. My own mother's father's (Irish and Scots-Irish) side of the family traces their voyage to the Americas via Liverpool and Jamestown - AS SLAVES! If you claim Ireland as your homeland, get the fuck on a ship and leave the USA. Permanently. Embrace your ethnic heritage if you want, but don't call it "homeland" unless you have indeed made it your home.
    I'll call it any fucking thing I want to... and the day you think you can control what the fuck I say, come on by and try.

there is a significant difference between indentured servitude and slavery. If your paternal grandfather's ancestors didn't have a pot to piss in and had to sell themselves as indentured servants in order to pay for a trip to the promised land, that's too fucking bad. At least they made it.

as if I give a shit what you think of my claim to Irish heritage! Go fuck yourself!

and Jeremiah Wright is free to attempt to affect the changes he can by inspiring his congregation with fiery rhetoric. If you don't like living in a country where preachers are free to do that, YOU can get the fuck on a ship and leave the USA. Permanently. Asshole.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

are you aware that all those people are dead and there have been several generations of free blacks.....yet somehow this is the root cause for their misfortune generations later......when do they have to stand up and fend for themselves and stop making excuses.....
    no one is "making excuses". it is a fact that slavery from 1600 until the Civil War, and Jim Crow for the NEXT century after that has put blacks in America at a significant socioeconomic disadvantage. To deny that is ridiculous.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And are you aware that just as many Irish were enslaved by the English prior to that? Are you aware that the English considered African black slaves to be of higher worth than the Irish? And when food ran short on the overseas voyages, the Irish got tossed overboard before the black slaves? Seems that the English had to pay the black slavers for the African black slaves, but the Irish, well, just round 'em up and ship 'em out!

So tell me, how much are you going to pay the Irish whose ancestors can trace direct lineage back to the slave ships? I mean, your ancestors most likely made their way on blood money, so I figure you owe the rest of us Irish a good deal.

Look fuckstick. do the math. My grandmother came over on the boat. I don't owe you shit.