Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    ....and therein lies the problem with Christianity.

It's not wrong to believe people should convert to your faith. That's the nature of all religions.

What matters is their method of conversion.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Coulter is popular because she says what many conservatives think, but are afraid to say. Coulter makes radical, extremist statements because that is what gets her attention. It's like Britney Spears going out in public without underwear (by the way, she did it again-- http://www.thesuperficial.com ).

Religion is a lot like language. If God had not intended for there to be a lot of diverse religions, he would have not created all of them. Just like he did with the Tower of Babel.
    Every religion believes they are right. The Muslims believe they are right. Fred Phelps thinks he is right.
    I think all of them are right. For those who believe in them.
    what makes you think God created all religions? Ever consider maybe there is an evil force out there that wants to confuse people?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    Ahab was the king of Israel at one point in time....it strains my credibility to think that he would be "saved" as stated in this passage.....

though God stated many times that he would always give his chosen people another chance....does that extend beyond the first coming of Chirst?.....will there be a point in time prior to the 2nd coming when Jews who worship YHWH correctly are given a revelation and an opportunity?....who knows....I do think it is incorrect, however, to consider what God states for Israel in scripture to be applied in a blanket manner to the nation of Israel.....if anything it would have to be considered as spoken on behalf of all believing Jews in the diaspora.....
    God's work is Eternal. The Atonement is Eternal all will be blessed because of it. Especially the righteous.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GW in Ohio View Post
    And I think you ought to mind your own fucking business and keep your nose out of other people's religion.
    I find it totally amusing that you are telling other people to mind their own business. if people want to share their faith and speak their mind, who the hell are you to tell them they cant?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    If the Crusades isn't a good example of religious error for you, how about a different tragedy? How about the Spanish Inquisition?

Immie
    How the heck were the Crusades a bad thing?

They stopped Islamic agression on Europe
    They got the thugs running Europe united and away from Europe so that the intellectuals could flourish without worrying about being killed
    They brought back knowledge, established trade, restored the law.
    Provided the way for exploration of the New World.

Seriously some the Crusaders may have done some bad things, but the Crusades were a pretty damn good thing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    I find it totally amusing that you are telling other people to mind their own business. if people want to share their faith and speak their mind, who the hell are you to tell them they cant?
    Your freedom to share your faith ends where my faith begins. Without that restriction we will inevitably destroy each other, and it's unlikely that this is what God wants us to do.
    If you're worth less than $5 million and you vote for McCain, you're a loser.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by typomaniac View Post
    Your freedom to share your faith ends where my faith begins. Without that restriction we will inevitably destroy each other, and it's unlikely that this is what God wants us to do.
    That's plain silly.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GW in Ohio View Post
    Oh, fuck your "absolute truth."

You think you have cornered the market on absolute truth.......

You've cornered the market on something, but it ain't absolute truth.
    its not a matter of having a corner on truth but having the most of it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    That's plain silly.
    Damn, that boyz got some mad debatin' skillz!
    If you're worth less than $5 million and you vote for McCain, you're a loser.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by typomaniac View Post
    Damn, that boyz got some mad debatin' skillz!
    There's nothing to debate. Your reply was silly. If that's how you really feel - if your faith is so weak it cannot stand when confronted...I mean...there's nothing anybody can say. It's crazy to think how you think.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cuz the bible is pretty farking easy to understand as-is. Just hard to understand when read with a closed mind/heart.

i disagree. mostly because if it was as easy as you say there wouldnt be such division in Christianity.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There's nothing to debate. Your reply was silly. If that's how you really feel - if your faith is so weak it cannot stand when confronted...I mean...there's nothing anybody can say. It's crazy to think how you think.
    I agree. the truth can stand up to scrutiny.

And his assumption that sharing faith is somehow violating any right he has. he doesnt have to listen.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

oh and to give Ann Coulter credit, she is right. The Jews do need to be perfected. So do the Christians:

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. (Matthew 5:48)
    Seems a similiar standard for everyone.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

i disagree. mostly because if it was as easy as you say there wouldnt be such division in Christianity.
    No - no - no...They all understand the bible - they weigh it differently though.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How the heck were the Crusades a bad thing?

They stopped Islamic agression on Europe
    They got the thugs running Europe united and away from Europe so that the intellectuals could flourish without worrying about being killed
    They brought back knowledge, established trade, restored the law.
    Provided the way for exploration of the New World.

Seriously some the Crusaders may have done some bad things, but the Crusades were a pretty damn good thing.
    I suppose if you think "forced conversions" are a good thing then they would have been good. I was speaking about souls not the good things you mentioned here.

Yes, I believe it was good to stop Islamic aggression. I think it is pretty evident that if Islam was allowed to flourish in Europe that the world would be as backwards as the Middle East is today, but my point is in reference to souls. You cannot forcefully convert a soul. Beating Osama bin Ladin over the head with a baseball bat is not going to make him a Christian. But those temporal benefits aside how was the glory of Christ spread during the Crusades?

As far as I can tell from the history I have read, the Crusades were little more than a war of greed and land grabbing.

I hope that makes sense.

You say that the Crusades were a good thing. I'm willing to listen to why you think this. Was it because of what you mentioned? Was there something spiritual won here? I would never claim that good did not come out of it, but spiritually speaking?

Honestly, I had not thought about it a lot. Then I began to think as a Christian what good came out of the Crusades for the Body of Christ? Were souls snatched out of the devils clutches? Was Christ proclaimed to the lost?

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9